Questions & Answers

West Virginia Extension

If you obtain an extension of time to file your federal income tax return, you are automatically allowed the same extension of time to file your West Virginia income tax return.

If you need an extension of time for West Virginia purposes but not for federal purposes, or if you expect to owe tax to West Virginia, you must mail a completed West Virginia Application for Extension of Time to File (WV 4868 ) to the West Virginia Department of Revenue and pay any tax expected to be due.

Let's Get Started