Questions & Answers

North Dakota Extension

You may obtain an extension of time to file your North Dakota individual income tax return by obtaining a federal extension.

If you did not obtain a federal extension, you may apply for a North Dakota extension by completing and filing Form 101. Contact the department office at (701) 328-1243 to obtain a copy of Form 101.

You can prepay the tax that you expect to owe to avoid paying extension interest. You can make a payment on the North Dakota TAP  website or by completing Form ND-1EXT and mailing it in with your check.

Let's Get Started