Questions & Answers

New Hampshire Extension

New Hampshire does not require taxpayers to file an application for an automatic 7-month extension of time to file provided that the taxpayer has paid 100% of the Interest and Dividends Tax determined to be due by the due date of the tax.

If you need to make an additional payment, you may file a Form DP-59-A Extension Form  along with the payment or e-file your payment online using New Hampshire's website . This application and payment must be postmarked on or before the due date of the tax. Failure to pay 100% of the tax due by the original due date will result in the assessment of interest and may result in the assessment of penalties.

You're not required to attach a copy of your federal extension to your return.

Let's Get Started